How to cook ribs in your Caja China style La Caja Asadora Roaster
We know most of you have bought a La Caja China style Caja Asadora Roasting Box as a pig roaster, but one of the most exciting parts of owning one is branching out and trying different foods! Ribs are a perfect example of the versatility of your new La Caja Asadora. Imagine how many ribs you can get in this thing! We'll let you do the math, but here's everything you need to know (thanks to our friends at squidoo) to cook up some delicious ribs in your new Roasting Box:
- Place ribs on top of the rack bone side up.
- Attach the top rack using the 4 S-Hooks.
- Place ribs inside the box bone side up.
- Cover your la caja china style La Caja Asadora roasting box with the ash pan and charcoal grid.
- Add 8-10 lbs. of charcoal and light up.
- Once lit (20-25 minutes), spread the charcoal evenly over the charcoal grid.
- Cooking time starts right now.
- After one hour, open the caja china style grill by removing the complete set of ash pan and grid together and place it on top of the long side handles.
- Flip the ribs bone side down.
- Cover the caja china style roaster again with the ash pan and charcoal grid and add 10 lbs. of charcoal.
- Cook for an additional 30-45 minutes until done.